2013 Chinese Food Festival and Contest is Coming Soon, Register for the Contest Now!
As part of the Chinese Culture week, Lincoln Chinese Cultural Association (LCCA) and UNL Confucius Institute (CI) will hold the annual Chinese Food Festival and Contest on 28th September 2013. We warmly welcome all Lincoln Chinese cuisine fans and culinary experts participate in this event.
Content of the dishes is not restricted, as long as it is your best and you are willing to share with others, you can participate in the Food Contest. During the event, we will play slides introducing Chinese Cuisine and competition of cuisine knowledge. Moreover, two distinguished Chinese artists from China will do Chinese painting demonstrations!
We will set up multiple categories of awards to encourage participation, contribution and excellence. The judge panel will be formed by local Chinese culinary experts and food experts. We will also set up a ballot box, giving guest the opportunity to taste and vote on their favorite dishes!
Lincoln Chinese School will provide child care!
Rules of 2013 Chinese Food Contest:
1. Admission for this event is $5 per person (cash only). Children age 5 and under are free. Please pay at the entrance door. Contest participants and three family members get free admission. Contest participants should email to firstname.lastname@example.org> with “Name, Email, Phone and Dish Name” to Register by 09/25/2013.
2. Participating food items must be finished and are ready to eat, and are enough for at least 20 people to taste.
3. All participating food items must have a recipe written in Chinese or English, which includes food raw materials, spices, cooking time and temperature, and bring the recipe to the event at 3:00pm on 28th September.
4. All contest participants shall carefully read Nebraska Department of Agriculture’s food safety and handling regulations, which can be found online at http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/
5. Guests can taste and vote for your favorite cuisine after the judges finishing the assessment.
6. Awards: Main Dish: one 1st, one 2nd, one 3rd places; Dessert: one 1st, one 2nd, one 3rd places; Most Popular Dish: one 1st, two 2nd, three 3rd places
Time: 3:00pm – 6:00pm, September 28, 2013 (Saturday)
Location: UNL Multicultural Center, Room 212, 14th and R Street
Organized by: Lincoln Chinese Cultural Association (LCCA) and UNL Confucius Institute (CI)
Sponsored by: UNL Confucius Institute
Assisted by: UNL Chinese Students and Scholars Association and Lincoln Chinese School
We specially appreciate UNL Confucius Institute’s consecutive financial support and sponsor to this event!
Any Question? Please feel free to contact email@example.com>